CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Eternal Love

I was ready to move on to Valentine's Day cards and then we were hit with another snow and ice storm! I decided to combine the two on this card. I have owned this stamp for a few years and still love it every time I pull it out and stamp it. This is the first time I have colored it with my Copics though.

A good friend suggested that I try Techno Stamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge. This card is for this week's sketch, TSSC #54. It was a really fun sketch to do, Thanks Mary-Jo for inviting others, like me, to join in on the fun! I am already looking forward to the next one.

Some of the colors on the card are off a bit. The DP paper is actually a bit pinkier and brighter. It looks washed out here. There is also Shimmerz on the snow part of the snow people, the heart and around the edge of the circle and the sentiment. I just can't seem to catch it with the camera. SU glitter is at the edge of the snow and the shadows around the heart. The dots on the paper came glittered already. The whole card sparkles a lot IRL.

Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession and SU
Inks: Memento, Versafine, SU Pink Pirouette and Copics
CS: CTMH textured white, SU Pixie Pink, Neenah white and DP Making Memories
Accessories: MS gemstone sticker heart, Nesties, CB Embossing folder, Shimmerz, SU Glitter and Corner Punch , misc. brads and Signo pen

I hope you enjoyed this card. I am definitely moving on to more Valentine and anything but snow cards, so check back soon!

Thanks for looking,
Mary

5 comments:

MJ said...

Love this. Love the combo of Valentines with the snowman. Brilliant. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge. Great job.

Michelle Quinno said...

Mary, that is adorable! I wouldn't have thought to use snowmen for Valentines but that really works! Great job on the sketch!

Kristen said...

Yeah Mary! MJ's sketches are lots of fun, and I love sketch challenges! Awesome card. Your colors are fab!

Pia said...

Great card Mary! Your stamp is cute and the coloring is top notch of course!

maddy hill said...

oh what a lovely lovely card - i love those colours !