CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Crazy For Ants!!!!! 3CTC13

This is a High Hopes stamp that I fell in love with because it makes me think of my son, Bryan. He is a landscaper that has his own business and is always working around our house trying to fit our yard into his busy days. He lives in his workboots and they are never tied all the way so they look just like the ones on this cute ant. Bryan, like this ant, loves to be outside and so he always has a smile on his face while he's working. I couldn't resist making the ant blue, my favorite color to use!

I am using this card for Kerry's challenge this week, 3CTC13, make a card that has flowers on it. I made this card when we were up in Vermont and just never got around to posting it. Since it is going to be a busy week at school I decided this card would work since it has a flower as an embellishment.

Peggy and I went to the CK convention in NH Sat. and I bought LOTS of stuff. It was a good convention this year. Basic Grey has a lot of really pretty 6x6 packs. I bought 6 of them there along with 16 more Copics because they were a great price, too good to pass up. I use so much of the BG paper, like on this card. I love that the designs are sized small for cards. If you ever get the chance to go to a convention you really should go, they can be very inspiring, lots of make and takes and you meet some really nice people. Beware though they also take all your money like it did for Peggy and I yesterday. We are going to Springfield, MA to a stamping convention in the beginning of June, guess I should save some money quick!

Supplies:
Stamps: High Hopes, phrase unknown
Paper: SU More Mustard, DP Basic Grey and SU
Ink: SU Bashful Blue, Memento Black, Copics
Accessories: Nesties, white Signo pen, Cloud Maker, Prima flower, CTMH flowers, Hero Art jewel brad and misc. colored brads

Peggy and I have a few more of these cute ants from High Hopes so you will see more of them as soon as I can get some cards made using them!
Thanks you for your comments they are truly appreciated.
Thanks for looking and please stop by again soon,
Mary

6 comments:

Peggy said...

I love this card. The colors are perfect! I forgot you made this in VT. I now want to use mine!

Pia said...

Love it Mary! I am glad that you enjoyed CK, I skipped this year to save for June!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is the cutest, Mary! I had this on my list and almost placed the order but then backed out.

I wish I could have gone with you but it turned out I was needed at home anyway. Glad you had fun!

Now that I'm seeing your clouds, I may pass on posting mine with my first try at them.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun card! I know I can drop a pretty penny at the conventions too! Always new finds isn't there. Thanks for joining us at 3CTC this week.

Kerry D-C said...

I {heart} this card!! I wish I had stamped this image from you! That's myfave thing about the BG 6x6 packs...that the patterns are sized down. Fabulous card! Thanks for participating in this week's 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge!

Kristen said...

I love this card. I have this stamo too, and haven't even inked it up yet. Still waiting for my last HH stamps. going on 2 months.