CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Real Beauty, TSSC88

I am so glad that it is the weekend! I have been fighting off a major cold and by the middle of the week it was getting the better of me. With all the stuffy noses and coughing is starting early at school this year with the kids it was bound to get to me. I couldn't wait to make a card with my new digi stamps from Squigglefly designed by Crissy Armstrong. This is one of my favorites and I thought she would look cute in bright colors.

I did this card for Mary Jo's Monday Lunchtime sketch Challenge, TSSC88. I really liked the sketch but I had to put the circle underneath the image because when I printed out the image I didn't realize how big I printed it until it was all colored and I went to make the card with it. Luckily the sketch was easy enough to work with either way. I saw this saying in a magazine and thought it fit this image perfectly! The feathers on the hat were a last minute thought because I remembered I had some in my generel craft bin. Putting them on I had feather pieces floating all over the place, boy was I laughing. I hope this card puts a smile on your face like it did mine while I was making it. Sometimes it's fun making a card just to make someone smile.
Supplies
Stamps: Squigglefly digi stamps
Paper: SU Pixie Pink, Paper Co. Shimmer White, Papertrey White, DP Melissa Frances and Bo Bunny
Coloring: Copics, Memento Black
Accessories: Nesties, MS Punch, SU Slot Punch, Prima Flowers, Hero Arts Jewels, Michaels Sticker Pearls and Ribbon, JoAnns String Pearls and Craft Feathers

I hope you liked this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Please stop by again soon to see what else I have created.

Enjoy the weekend,
Mary

4 comments:

MJ said...

That image just makes me smile! Especially with your fabulous coloring. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge!

Peggy said...

This stamp is so fun! I love the bright colors! Great job!

Kristen said...

How creative are you with the feathers on the hat. Great card.

Michelle Quinno said...

Ha! That is fantastic, Mary! Love the feathers on the hat and everything else about this adorable card!