CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Give Thanks, Sugar Bowl Challenge 23 Judy's Sketch

Yesterday Peggy and I along with another sister and my daughter went to Boston for a huge holiday craft fair. It was great and I didn't come home with anymore snowmen(though I really wanted to buy some cute ones I saw). I did get some great things though and everyone had a really great day. As soon as I got home I wanted to do some creating after seeing all the wonderful items people were selling that were beautiful. There sure are many talented people in this world.

I did this card for the Sugar Nellie Sugar Bowl Challenge 23, Judy's Sketch. The extra that is included with it is to make it a thankful card. This is the last Fall Sugar Nellie stamp that I have not used yet so I figured it was a perfect fit for the sketch and theme of the challenge. I used lots of DP on it because of the colors. I like the earthy colors all mixed with the different patterns like polka dots and stripes, KWIM? I thought the card needed a little something more so I went with the Fall theme and punch out leaves in the DP that I used and added them around the card. The polka dotted DP is new from a company called Poppy Stamps. The paper comes in a 6x6 pack and it is all polka dots in earthy colors, they are just beautiful. If you love dots you should keep youe eyes out for this wonderful paper!

Supplies
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, SU (saying)
Paper: SU CS Choc. Chip, Always Artichoke, Papertrey White, DP Basic Grey, PoppyStamps Polka Dot DP
Inks: Copics, SU Bashful Blue, Memento Black and Cocoa
Accessories: Nesties, Cloudmaker, MS Branch Punch, EK Success Leaf Punch, Recollections Sticker Pearls, Michaels Ribbon

I hope this card inspired you to do a Sugar Nellie challenge or just creat a wonderful Fall card of your own. Thank for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments that you leave about my cards.

Enjoy this beautiful Fall day,
Mary

4 comments:

Juls said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love how you have done the colouring!! and your gorgeous combo of papers!! and the sentiment is just beautiful! stunning card!

Michelle Quinno said...

Beautiful, Mary! Love the colors, dp, the image and especially how you colored her!

Kathy said...

GOrgeous card Mary!! I love this sweet image and your clouds in the background are brilliant!! Love it!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge!
:)Kathy

Shirl said...

Wow the card is beautiful. Silly me I loved my card for the challenge until I saw yours the colours are fabulous.
Shirl