CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Easter Gift For You

With it getting close to Easter I thought I better get going on some Easter cards. This card was made with a Mo's Digital Pencil image that I absolutely love. I am not sure it was meant to be for an Easter card but it reminded me of when my kids were little and were looking to give their grandmother a gift from them not the family. It meant that we would be running out the day before and buying flowers for them to give. This image is just like my daughter was at this age all dressed up pretty with some kind of shoes that she liked but didn't always match what she was wearing. (She had a major thing about owning lots of shoes back then and still does today!) So I think it would make a perfect card for my mother this year.

I did feather blending on her dress, I need some more practice at it I think. I love the look of it when it is done right. Mine does look a little better in real life than in my picture here. I used some of my favorite ribbon on this card also, it is two colors blue and green blended together on it.

Here are some fantastic challenges that fit this card

Stampin' For The Weekend Challenge #35-This challenge is an Easter theme

Bee Crafty Challenge #26-This is a Spring challenge, What says Spring more than Easter time!

Magical Crafts Challenge #11-This challenge is an Spring/Easter theme

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 35-This is a Spring or Easter Challenge this week!

Stamp With Fun Challenge #51-The fun challenge this week is Easter

Lexi's Creations Challenge #10-This challenge is an Easter Theme

I Love Digi Challenge #3-The challenge is an Easter Theme and use a digi stamp

Polka Doodles Challenge #11-This is a really fun sketch and the twist to it was to have all the elements(4) interlock somehow. This was one that needed some thought!
Copic Creations Anniversary Challenge-It is their one year Anniversary so there challenge is to do your favorite Copic technique that they have shown us throughout the year. One of my favorites is feather blending. I need some more practice but it looks great when done perfectly!

Please check out all this fantastic challenges! It is lots of fun to play along with them!

Supplies
Stamps-Mo's Digital Pencil Digi Stamps, A Muse(saying)
Paper-Basic Grey DP pack, SU Lavender Lace CS, Papertrey White CS
Inks-Copics, SU Ballet Blue
Accessories-Nesties, MS Lace Border Punch and Branch Punch, Marvy SM. Oval Punch, Prima Mini Rose, LSS Ribbon, Bow Easy

Thank you much for stopping by to see what I created. Your comments are so wonderful and very much appreciated!

Happy Creating,
Mary

26 comments:

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and colors
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Elaine ♥ said...

Simply gorgeous, beautiful image and so well coloured, I love it :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this fortnight :)

Elaine x

Bev said...

Such a cute image that you have coloured beautifully even if I have no idea what feather blending is...lol. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

Michelle Quinno said...

This is so pretty, Mary! Love the cute image. I knew it was Mo's as so as I saw it.

Your daughter would get along with my son just fine. He has at least 25 pairs of shoes and he sells them.

Your mom will love this!

Moshie said...

Beautiful! Love your image and your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week. Hugs Moshie

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So sweet!

Thanks for joining us on I LOVE DIGI :)

Hugs Jane x

Carol Ann said...

That is such a lovely Easter card I love that image and the way you have coloured it. Thanks for playing at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

jackiescrafts said...

What a great card for Easter, that image is sooooooooo cute and I love that paper too
Thanks for joining us at MCFC

Jackie x

Polkadoodles said...

fab card! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Great colouring of that fab image. Thnaks so much for joining us at I Love Digi, see you again I hope.

Hugs Ali x

Peggy said...

Wow..I love the soft colors Mary. Her dress looks amazing. Great Job.

Heather "Hev" said...

This is beautiful :)

Sorry I didnt get by before now to thank you fro playing over at Incy Wincy last week :)

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining the Polka Doodles challenge,

Luv Dee xxx

Karin said...

Well done combining challenges! Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

Kerry said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Georgie said...

great Card and lovely Detail thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations

Nancy said...

Gorgeous easter card, Mary:O) Love the cute Mo's image, fab colouring. Great design and pretty colours.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Poppy said...

great card.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

mycardz said...

Awww, your card is just ADORABLE! Awesome feather blending! Thanks so much for joining us in our celebration at Copic Creations!

Milliesmarvels said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us for the I love Digi Challenge.
Jane
x

Bee said...

Beautiful card and lovely use of colour. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Spring Challenge :)

Fliss said...

A really pretty card and such a sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
x

Lexi said...

aww what a cute card! I adore those colours and papers...thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Kristen said...

Mary, this card is SOOO cute!

Kristen said...

Mary, this card is SOOO cute!

Kimmi said...

Brilliant use of Mo's image. Love the colours you've given her and the papers and lay out are fab!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Good Luck

Kimmi x